Mary: Help in Hard Times - Stories & Prayers
|Author: Trouve,FSP, Marriane Lorraine||Year: 2014|
|Publisher: Pauline Books & Media||Pages: 128|
Discussing the Blessed Virgin's roles as helper of the sick, cause of our joy, heavenly mother, and intercessor, Mary: Help in Hard Times illustrates why people turn to her in hard times:
- When illness strikes
- When debts pile up
- When doubts disturb our faith
- When loved ones stray
- When the heart seeks solace
Mary: Help in Hard Times is divided into three distinct sections. The first discusses four key moments of Mary's life - her Immaculate Conception, the Annunciation, her Divine Motherhood, and the Assumption - and their relevance to our devotion to her. The second section contains personal stories of Mary's intercession. The final portion lists Marian prayers and devotions that range from the well known, like the Rosary and Hail Mary, to the less familiar, such as Mary, Undoer of Knots, and the five first Saturdays. An added feature is reflection questions after each section.
This combination of history, stories, and prayers is an approachable and practical Marian guide in a convenient size. Bringing inspiration and hope to those who feel overwhelmed or worn-down, Mary: Help in Hard Times is a hope-filled companion for everyone.
Features & Benefits:
- Contains a "history" of Mary as the one who helps those in need
- Includes a collection of testimonies from various people who have experienced Mary's intercession in their lives
- Features a combination of traditional Marian prayers as well as newer prayers written by Daughters of St. Paul
- Includes reflection questions after each section
- Convenient small-size format
About the Author:
Since 1976, Sr. Marianne Lorraine Trouvé, FSP, has been a member of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international congregation of women religious dedicated to serving the Church through all forms of media. She has an M.A. in theology from the University of Dayton. She has authored a number of books, and since 1994 has served on the editorial staff of Pauline Books & Media publishing house in Boston, Massachusetts.