Grace & Truth: Twenty Steps to Embracing Virtue and Saving Civilization
|Author: Rutler, Fr George William|
|Publisher: Sophia Institute Press||Pages: 160|
|Code: Q80930||Series: SOPHIA|
From one of the most distinctive and perceptive voices in the Church comes answers to the most pressing questions of faith in our day. With his trademark wit and wisdom, Fr. George Rutler here highlights twenty Catholic teachings that are essential to living an authentic Christian life, showing how the Church’s perennial wisdom can remedy the gravest ills of our time.
Fr. Rutler gracefully tackles a wide range of topics, from the importance of avoiding mediocrity to the role of mothers in passing down tradition. The topics are many, but all serve a common purpose: to show how we can understand and live the Faith in this culture that daily drifts further from the truth.
Relying on his decades of experience as a pastor, Fr. Rutler shows you:
- How to keep your imagination trained on God.
- How mankind redefines the good to justify its sins.
- How you can more effectively witness to the perfection of Christ.
- How contempt for innocence deadens faith and love.
- How beauty can orient us to God.
- How the Catholic Church keeps human traditions alive.
- How hard times and evil men highlight forgotten truths.
- How evil drowns out truth with sentimentality.
- And much more to help you live as a Christian in our difficult days.