At a time when many Christians no longer practice their faith, there has been an increase in the attention given to the devil and his devious ways. Because the devil seeks to destroy and separate us from God, all Catholics must be on guard.
In Exorcism: The Battle Against Satan and His Demons, Fr. Vincent P. Lampert, a seasoned exorcist, presents authentic Catholic teaching on the devil and his plan against humanity.
Providing a window into the merciful ministry of exorcism, Fr. Lampert equips Catholics with the knowledge necessary to avoid becoming vulnerable to spiritual attack. In Exorcism, you’ll learn
- how the Church selects and trains priests for the ministry of exorcism
- where and how the devil operates in the world, and what Scripture has to say about it
- why it is vital for Catholics to live a vibrant life of faith
- what to do if you suspect the presence of the demonic in your life or in others and
- how to fend off spiritual attack and build a stronger relationship with God.
Exorcism makes clear that the power of Satan to wreak havoc in our lives pales in light of the glorious omnipotence of our Redeemer, Jesus Christ.
Fr. Vincent P. Lampert is a graduate of St. Meinrad College and of the University of St. Mary of the Lake-Mundelein Seminary. Fr. Lampert was ordained a priest for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis in 1991. He currently serves as the Pastor of St. Michael and St. Peter Parishes in Brookville, Indiana. In 2005 he was appointed the Exorcist for the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. He received his training in Rome and is a member of the International Association of Exorcists.