A Will to Live
Clear Answers on End Of Life Issues
Part of the Shepherd’s Voice Series – The Shepherd’s Voice Series brings you the current teaching of Bishops and Cardinals on vital topics facing the Catholic Church today.
Archbishop Jose Gomez, renowned expert on death and dying issues, explains what every Catholic needs to know in order to effectively and morally prepare for the inevitable death of our loved ones and even ourselves. With changing values and modern medical technologies to deal with, this booklet explains how to approach end-of-life issues and prepare for death in a way consistent with our Catholic faith.
You will learn the answers to these important issues and more:
- What “dignified death” means to a Catholic
- Why euthanasia, even if well intended, is murder
- What the “culture of life” really means
- Whether a Catholic should have a “living will”
- Which medical practices are immoral
- The Church’s criteria for “ordinary” vs. “extraordinary” means
- What is morally mandated for palliative care